Brooklyn, NY 11201 US
Job Type/Duration: 6-month contract
Work Location Options: Open to remote candidates who are willing to work 11am-2pm EST hours for this position. This role is open to remote candidates who are based in the US, outside the states of California or Colorado, and offers 3 different work mode options (remote, hybrid/flex 2+ days per week, or onsite / office-based) to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team.
Role Overview: This role will support the eCommerce Seller Platform team, which lives within the Seller Experience group. The contractor in this position will play a big role in shaping our seller mobile app strategy, and will also be contributing to the overall seller experience - this means that they may work on a breadth of projects that fall within this domain.
About the Team:
- UX Research is a core part of our product development culture, alongside Product Management, Engineering, Design, and Analytics.
- Our team focuses on using research to guide the development of buyer and seller experiences in our dynamic marketplace of unique items.
- We collaborate with our partner teams through all stages of product development, from identifying initial opportunities, to refining the user experience to analyzing the impact of our efforts and highlighting improvement areas.
- We’re a mixed methods team, applying a deep bench of user research approaches across both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Partner with team members to guide product development and refinement, drawing on expertise in user research and UX standards
- Independently define project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights
- Conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with buyers and sellers (as needed)
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations on a regular basis, to encourage marketplace health and drive business goals
- Manage third-party research vendors (e.g., research agencies, moderators) as needed
- Manage additional tasks and responsibilities as required by the role, at the discretion of the UX Research Manager
- 5+ years experience conducting UX research, employing methods such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Ability to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods and a deep understanding of modern trends in app design
- Experience leading research at different parts of the product development process, from discovery to delivery
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, with the ability to hold your own in a meeting and present research findings with a customer-centric perspective
- You are ambitious, meticulous, and able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience working with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, or experiment design
- Mobile app experience