Technical Project Manager
Brooklyn, NY 11201 US
Etsy’s Frontend Enablement team is composed of 4 product engineering teams that support Frontend Product Development at Etsy. As an important part of the Product Enablement Group at Etsy, the cross-functional Frontend Enablement teams are responsible for ensuring the Etsy engineering teams are effective in their roles - we are focused in improving the Etsy Frontend experience, optimizing the development lifecycle and building tools that make building software at Etsy fast and fun!
You will be responsible for supporting projects on 1-2 teams within the Frontend Enablement Initiative:
- Creating project timelines and leading stakeholders to ensure the projects are completed and implemented in a timely manner
- Collaborating with Frontend Enablement engineers as well as stakeholders in other departments across Etsy, including the Buyer and Seller development teams
- You will be responsible for assigning tasks to owners and ensuring transparency in task ownership, timelines and accountability
- Ensuring information flows between all cross functional teams to ensure teams and stakeholders are connected and the projects are tracking as planned
- Partner with Frontend Enablement leads to define goals (in an OKR framework) that are achievable for the teams/projects you’ll be supporting
- You will own the project calendar and align timelines to OKR milestones as appropriate
- You will report into the Product Lead for the Frontend Enablement Initiative
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a technical project manager
- You ideally have experience working a medium to large size tech company
- You have outstanding organizational skills when crafting the projects and associated tasks
- You are organized, systematic, and focused
- You love teamwork and have a natural ability to lead cross-functional teams through ambiguity
- You prioritize and make decisions quickly, you will decide which tasks are most important based on the size, scope and timeliness of each task.
- You are capable of quickly distilling information and turning it into action
- Close attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a high-volume, dynamic work environment
- Highly collaborative - you will work with engineers and other internal stakeholders across cross-functional teams
- Product Management and customer research skills are both a plus!