Sr Software Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
Sr Software Engineer
You will work with the latest technologies in a dynamic and collaborative environment as a member of an agile development team that is responsible for designing, developing and supporting our credit controls solutions for our trading platforms. Achieving our goals of ultra-low-latency performance, capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy and rock-solid reliability and integrity requires an accomplished team engineer who can solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and possess the ability to lead others to achieve the critical mission of the team.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
- Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL; Performs elementary database modeling and intermediate database tuning.
- Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization. Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
- Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements.
- 5+ years of experience in Core Java and multi-threading, preferably in a low latency or financial services environment
- Experience working with high throughput, high availability and fault tolerant applications
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a globally distributed workforce and managing tasks across multiple offices
- Effective communication of complex problems in a clear and concise manner
- Proficiency in test automation tools (Cucumber preferred)
- Experience with BDD/TDD, Scrum preferred