Sr QA Analyst
Chicago, IL 60606 US
Sr QA Analyst
The QA Analyst is the subject matter expert within the project team. Must have good written and verbal communication skills; and be able to interface efficiently with all support groups, other QA groups, and development groups in order to get things done independently with minimal oversight. The incumbent must exhibit quick learning abilities by mastering new concepts which may be business-, technical-, or process-oriented.
- Assist QA Manager and QA Lead Analyst in identifying test scope, identifying project risks, and implementing process changes and efficiencies.
- Should be able to understand and ramp up quickly current system architecture, workflows, test automation framework and functional requirements
- Comply with SDLC processes, attend daily standup, feature distillation and story planning
- Ability to work on multiple components and understand functionality of each component
- Review requirement documents, work closely with Business Analyst
- Work on identifying test scope, create and execute detail test scenarios and review of test cases with larger team
- Familiarity with writing Feature files using cucumber and gherkin plugins.
- This is manual tester role which requires good understanding of market data, trading principles.
- Support team in day-to-day Regression monitoring, triage and help with failure analysis and contribute to continuous improvement of automation coverage
Skills & Software Requirements:
SQL for analysis and data verification in back-end tables; successful experience testing commercial Linux apps; java app testing experience; Tibco RV/MQ messaging experience; experience working with UC4; programming knowledge for automation.
- 5+ years of overall experience in testing and test automation
- Technology skillset includes Jenkins build, Docker Swarm, Cucumber framework, manual testing, knowledge of FIX API/Tags, curl commands/shell script etc.
- If the person has SET experience that would be preferred Banking or matching background would be best
- Good understanding of CDCI, environments, docker swarm
- Good understanding of networks, tcpdump commands, numa node's etc.