Chicago, IL 60606
The Software Engineer will be working Java-based web applications that is a mission critical business application used to manage markets with trillions of dollars in value. You will work with a team of BAs QAs and other developers in an Agile environment to plan, develop, and test the application.
The candidate needs to be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able multi-task, while being eager to learn new technologies. You must be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) to capture and analyze the business requirements.
- Design and implement the core functionalities independently
- Focus mainly on backend design/implementation
- Support testing framework along with your own applications; Write unit tests to achieve a full coverage
- Ensure code quality through mentoring and follow the best practices
- Work with different cross functional teams to deliver the project in a timely manner
- Bring new ideas to the team as it pertains to making improvement;
- Participate in code reviews to provide/take feedback from your peers
- At least two years of experience designing and developing Java applications
- BS or MS degree in a technical field
- Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC
- JUnit, JMock, Mockito
- SQL, NoSQL, JDBC
- AJAX, JSON
- Git, Maven
- Design patterns, Data structures
- Experience creating modular applications. OSGi is a big plus
- Knowledge of DevOps and Cloud computing preferred.
- Financial/Futures industry experience is a plus