Senior Project Manager, Data Analytics (2 roles) - Remote
Chicago, IL 60613
Senior Project Manager, Data Analytics - Remote
Job Type: contract-to-hire
Duration: 6 months to start
Location: Chicago or 100% Remote
- Analyze, plan, and develop requirements and standards for scheduled projects.
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring the team is working toward established milestones.
- Hold regular team meetings to determine daily progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles, and responsibilities for data office engineers and analysts required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Research and evaluate different trends and technologies in data warehousing, data analytics, data governance and communicate the same to the team.
- Conduct program and project briefs and presentations for internal Data Office and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the Data Office leadership team on program / project proposals and the development of initiative business cases.
Skills & Requirements
- Advanced expertise using project management tools, methodologies to organize and manage complex and large technical-oriented projects. This includes building detailed workplan; managing project update meetings; understanding requirements, delivery capacity, budget impacts, dependencies to successfully delivery project work on time and within budget parameters.
- Able to anticipate project impediments and proactively resolve blockers through escalation(s), replanning and stakeholder manager, as needed.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Certification in Project Management or related technical fields will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management and Agile delivery processes, strategies, and methods.
- Outstanding time management, organizational skills, and relevant experience in establishing such guidelines for others.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams.
- Experience in working in a high-level collaborative environment while promoting a teamwork mentality. Able to work across organization boundaries in a seamless manner.
- Managerial expertise in applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new and upcoming technologies and trends in the data management / data governance space.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project management experience working within/on data analytics projects
- Agile / Scrum: 5+ year (Preferred)
- Six Sigma, or Process Improvement/Engineering certification (Strongly desired)
- Financial Services experience (Strongly Preferred)
- PMP or extensive evidenced experience managing large / complex technically-oriented initiatives
- Bachelor' s (Preferred)
- Degrees in Computer Science, Business, or related major(s) or equivalent work experience in technology and/or process improvement initiatives
- Other advanced degrees and/or certifications (Preferred)