Chicago, IL 60606
Cyber Defense Security Engineer II
This is a perfect opportunity for the right person to become a key part of a fresh, new team of cybersecurity professionals that are being assembled to execute a pivotal role in protecting and defending the nation’ s critical infrastructure. The Security Engineer II, CyberDefense Engineering will be part of a team responsible for operating a highly important CyberDefense function. This role encompasses the implementation and subsequent maturing of CyberDefense solutions for our client’ s Cryptographic Services Platform(s) within CyberDefense Engineering – Global Information Security. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an individual who is looking for an opportunity in the CyberDefense arena and wishes to grow within an organization.
- Participate Execution of CyberDefense solutions as directed by management and in accordance with the CyberDefense Roadmap
- Manage projects tasks according to project plans with a keen eye to objective delivery and minimizing risk
- Maintain industry awareness of; CyberDefense Product Landscape, emerging and rising threat landscape and the latest/newest protocols/techniques/evolution in CyberSecurity/CyberDefense with a focus on Cryptographic Technologies and emerging crypto patterns
- Create / Document complete Service Designs including, but not limited to, Technical Requirement Documents, Proof of Concept use cases, Technology Engineering Documents, Service Operations Guides, etc
- Perform Service Transition to requisite Service Operations organizations and Service Consumers
- 3+ years in IT Engineering and\or CyberSecurity Engineering
- Solid working knowledge of ITIL (ITIL Certification preferred)
- A good understanding of Industry Security standards (ie: ISO27001/2, NIST Cyber Security Framework, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task
- Practical working knowledge of engineering, implementing, operating and supporting a Cryptographic Infrastructure consisting of such elements as; Enterprise Key Management System (EKMS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Hardware Security Modules (HSM), Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP), Keyed-Hash Message Authentication Code (HMAC), Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM), etc… for Data-at-Rest, Data-in-Transit and Data-in-Use.
- Good understanding of High Availability, System Resiliency, Systems Engineering and Web technologies.
- A base working knowledge of Cloud Technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), particularly Crypto implementations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; must build strong relationships with partners (internally and externally)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Proven execution capabilities. Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success. Ability to work under pressure, owning and meeting critical deadlines