Retention Marketing Manager
Houston, TX 77001 US
Etsy’s CRM team is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, data integration, production, deployment, and analysis of marketing campaigns. These campaigns help more than 40 million buyers worldwide find and purchase the perfect item on Etsy and provide over 6 million sellers with the support they need to continue to grow their business on Etsy.
We’re looking for a Retention Marketing Manager to join our Seller CRM team, helping to deliver impactful messaging that helps sellers manage and grow their small businesses. As a Retention Marketing Manager, you will build personalized seller experiences through the email and push channel, including the opportunity to use predictive intelligence and robust automation tooling. The Seller Retention Marketing Manager will be a pivotal member of the CRM team, ensuring we deliver the right messages to sellers at the right time.
This is a 7 month contract reporting to the Director of Seller CRM Marketing. We are considering remote applicants based in the US for this position; candidates must be able to work from 9am - 5pm EST.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the development of the Seller CRM roadmap, prioritizing CRM programs to deliver on seller growth goals through continuous iteration and experimentation with a cross-functional team.
- Co-create channel tactics including planning and developing our marketing calendar in alignment with stakeholders, delivering and leveraging insights to improve the performance of campaigns and overall Etsy customer experience. Tasks include: defining target audiences, contact frequency, customer experience, and automation requirements.
- Manage end-to-end campaign production with dependent partners including experimentation design, segmentation development, personalization, and automation. Tasks include: brief writing, drafting CRM technical enablement requirements documentation, audience segmentation and building, email building and launching, and post-launch analysis.
- Use HTML and Braze to build and deploy email and push campaigns, automated lifecycle campaigns, and triggers and experiments to briefs and specifications. Tasks include: Building HTML templates with personalized content and Braze Canvases
- Quality assure, tirekick, proof, and test all campaigns and campaign workflows, sign off on campaigns or experiments before they're scheduled to the customer, and schedule campaigns or experiments after final sign off from all approvers
- Monitor message delivery and deliver post-send analysis to contribute to our regular scheduled reporting and make recommendations for future iterations, if applicable
- Analyze engagement metrics and distill reporting into channel trends and insights. Share findings on a daily and weekly cadence with partners and continuously improve campaigns based on past performance and evolving email standard methodologies.
- Thrives in times of change and can jump in to help with urgent comms and interrupts
- 5+ years of proven and successful track record in a CRM role at fast-paced businesses, preferably global ecommerces or marketplaces
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Email, Retention, or Lifecycle Marketing focused role
- Minimum of 1 year Braze experience
- Comfortable building campaigns utilizing html, experience using liquid logic / journeys, canvas builds and building experiments
- Comfortable building canvases that utilize features like conditional logic, action paths and running experiments
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Building great customer-centric experiences, with demonstrated ability to impact and change behaviors across the customer lifecycle
- Designing, developing and executing experiments independently, including KPIs to track
- Using data to prioritize and focus strategies
- Driving Impact / Lift in past roles
- Clear communicator and cross-functional collaboration and partner/stakeholder management
- Growth mindset enjoys learning new skills and business areas
- Familiar with Etsy and are excited to support sellers in building confidence and growing their businesses.
- Nice to have: SQL Skills