Quant Risk Consultant
Chicago, IL 60610 US
Our client's Risk Management group seeks a Risk Consultant to help drive efficiency, discipline and consistency in portfolio, risk management and performance evaluation across investment activity globally by:
- Defining and embedding unifying quantitative languages for alpha and risk throughout investment processes.
- Inserting independent authoritative expertise on alpha and risk quantification and risk factor interactions into investment underwriting, sizing and portfolio monitoring.
- Partnering with Investment Committees to manage risk-reward, identify skill, and allocate resources for greatest impact on client results.
- Collaborate with the team to maximize investment edge arising from the processing, storage and synthesis of large amounts of structured and unstructured data collected throughout investment processes;
- Facilitate process improvements for investment teams leveraging data warehouse and automation
- Upgrade reporting capabilities using newer technologies and data sets;
- Enhance internal investment positioning and performance measurement, including investment process-related automation and reporting initiatives;
- Assist with investor transparency needs and adhoc requests.
- Collaborate closely on best practices across our technology ecosystem.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent technical skills.
- 1-7 years’ experience in risk and/or financial technology role(s) requiring commercial problem solving and the application of technology in finance.
- Solid programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Interest in alternatives investment industry.
- Initiative and ability to operate at a high level in a less structured, entrepreneurial team environment.
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, attention to detail, and commitment to quality;
- The ability to articulate thoughts clearly and concisely in written correspondence, presentations, and meetings.
- High degree of integrity and maturity.
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards and to act with professionalism and integrity.
- Appreciation for a start-up team mentality, where both routine and complex asks are tackled with equal gusto and a positive collaborative spirit.