Quality Data Analyst
Omaha, NE 68154 US
The role of Data Quality Analyst is to monitor and enhance data quality to support informed decision-making by key stakeholders. The analyst will analyze complex data to optimize data collection efficiency and quality, resolve data quality issues, and collaborate with technical teams to improve system and database designs.
Key responsibilities include scrutinizing granular, raw transactional data using analysis tools and techniques to produce meaningful insights. The analyst will effectively communicate and present results to stakeholders, taking the lead in implementing proposed solutions. They will also support and execute change management activities for data remediation, including data reconciliation between systems. Additionally, the analyst will be a team player, actively contributing to building and achieving internal KPI metrics.
- Create and maintain interactive visualizations by interpreting and analyzing data, integrating reporting components from multiple sources.
- Collect data from various sources, apply data analysis techniques to extract practical information, generate reports based on findings, and communicate insights to managers and employees for decision-making purposes.
- Identify patterns and trends through analysis of complex and disparate data sets.
- Collaborate directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and foster strong relationships.
- Examine data sets to uncover trends, create charts and visual presentations, and assist businesses in making informed decisions.
- Work closely with internal teams or management to identify business needs.
- Define data acquisition and integration logic, selecting appropriate methods and tools within the defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance.
- Evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing.
- Generate and track key performance indicators.
- Support analytical master data management and reporting processes.
- Handle confidential data and information in accordance with guidelines.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content.
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Assist in the development of reports from single and multi-systems.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Collaborate with programmers, engineers, and organizational leaders to identify process improvement opportunities, recommend system modifications, and develop data governance policies.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of data analysis experience, with a focus on data quality maintenance, preferably in a decentralized multinational organization.
- Bachelor's degree in information management, computer science, or statistics/mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques.
- Familiarity with methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Experience in database languages such as T-SQL or PL-SQL is desirable.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of data visualization software such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills for data gathering, measurement, organization, and analysis.
- Technical writing experience, including queries, reports, and presentations.
- Understanding of data protection issues.
- Ability to drive operational impact and initiate change without confrontation.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and inquisitive mindset.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven track record of success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire new technical skills as required.