Project Manager (Business Projects)
Chicago, IL 60604
Business Development – Project Manager (Analyst)
This role is for a senior Business Consultant with significant experience in the Futures Commission Merchant and Brokerage industry. The core responsibility will be Project Management with secondary responsibilities to include some Business Analysis.
The candidate should have familiarity with the ITIL framework, either PMP or PRINCE2 methodologies, Agile processes and notable exposure to the concepts and requirements of Information Security. The role is part of a team of Project Manager Analysts with exposure to all areas and levels of the organization both locally and globally.
Primary responsibility: Project Management and Portfolio Management
- Collaboration and Communication
- Encourage collaboration. Improve organizational efficiency by encouraging and facilitating inter-department communication and collaboration.
- Reporting. Reports status and performance of projects and programs to portfolio boards, stakeholders and project teams.
- Portfolio. Management of the project portfolio, preparation of regional and global portfolio board meeting content.
- Emotional intelligence and communication. Ability to relate well to all types of individuals, establish relationships and build rapport to achieve goals while using diplomacy and tact to solve problems, resolve conflicts and escalate issues.
- Continuous Improvement
- Methodology. Apply size-appropriate project methodology, project tools and change processes.
- Measures. Measurement of performance of project and program delivery (schedule, communication and change management). Record, analyze, and disseminate lessons learned.
- Continuous Improvement. Recommend improvements to project, program and business processes. Agile adaptation to organizational change.
- Planning. Requirements gathering, estimating, scheduling and risk management. Manage, schedule and plan multiple projects to address resource and project interdependencies.
- Project Execution. Implement program and project governance process. Participate in change management process. Execute on project schedule, track issues and risks, and manage incidents.
- Documentation. Manage project documentation (pre-study document, project charter, work breakdown structure, risk register, schedule, action log, issue log, incident log, meeting notes and daily project communication).
Secondary responsibility: Business Analysis
Candidates will preferably have Business Analysis experience as follows.
- Business/Subject Matter Expertise
- BME/SME. Departmental and industry specific knowledge required to communicate effectively with end users.
- Knowledge Management. Up to date on current IT and business specific trends and news. IT and business information, develop and maintain a knowledge management network regarding IT and business developments.
- Requirements gathering.
- Elicit Requirements. Use group and collaborative methods for collecting requirements (e.g. interviews, surveys, structured walkthrough, brainstorming and historical data). Query and summarize data patterns (e.g. relevant database access, historical data). Anticipate, quantify and resolve problems with requirements (i.e. risk management, priority matrix, identification of source).
- IT Fluency. Understand technology and applications within own enterprise (hands-on familiarity with applications, interfaces, administrative features). Understand underlying IT concepts (cyber security, architecture, networks, application construction and design). Understand the impact of information technology on the organization (solution impact on the organization).
- Testing. Review and validate test plans and test cases (use-cases) within IT and with the business. Monitor user acceptance delivery, testing and responses to problems (test plans, business requirements).
- End-User support. Collects and analyzes feedback from end user testing to update requirements or manage development remediation.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent degree/experience
- Excellent project management skills; 5 years relevant experience providing business analysis and managing complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement multiple complex projects
- Self-starter willing to pick up a project and implement the appropriate PM process as required
- Ability to react and pivot to another project when priorities change
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to create clear & concise documentation
- Able to collaborate with diverse teams and staff of all levels whether working remote or in an office setting
- Highly evolved problem solving methodology
- Solid knowledge of the derivatives, securities and clearing products and processes
- Familiarity with ITIL standards and processes
- Knowledge and preferably certification in either PRINCE2 or PMP
- Knowledge and preferably experience in Agile methodologies and as a Scrum Master
- Proficient with the MS Office suite (Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) ®
- Familiarity with IBM System-I ® based clearing applications is desirable
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence and PM management software