Brooklyn, NY 11201 US
This role will be joining our Marketplace Promises Initiative - the team's goal is to instill trust and increase buyer confidence through increased delivery confidence and transparency.
Product designers at Etsy work in a squad with a product manager, 3-5 engineers, researcher and analyst. Together they drive their own part of Etsy, deliver solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
About The Role
Day to day, the individual in this role will be:
- Discovering insights, opportunities, and requirements
- Testing prototypes and hypotheses with users to collect feedback
- Launching experiments and evaluating how they perform and how to iterate
- Sharing your work to peers and leadership, async and in-person
- Taking part in weekly design critiques, workshops, all hands and squad meetings
- Thinking and writing about your process and documenting your decisions
- 3+ years of experience with product design and strategy
- Experience working in UX and Visual/UI design
- Advanced knowledge of Figma
- (Nice to have) Experience working with user research and data visualization
Senior level at Etsy means:
- You can run independently or give direction to designers within your team
- You can lead workshops and effectively align the group around a vision and approach
- You have a track record of designing complex flows and customer journeys
- You can think and design at a system level, not just interface elements or pages
- You’ll regularly make use of your soft skills: listening, negotiating, decision-making
- You’ll spend time providing mentorship to other designers
- You’ll play a key part in hiring, onboarding, and improving our team’s culture and engagement
Qualities we value in designers are:
- Effective articulation of ideas and design solutions
- Expressing feedback with kindness and candor
- Tolerance for ambiguity and healthy curiosity
- Translation of quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribution to our culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
- This role will provide support while a member of the team is on leave and is unlikely to extend.
- This role will be based in the US and is open to candidates working remotely from all US time zones.
- Interview process details TBD