Network Project Manager
New York, NY 10282
Consultant – Client Integration Services (Network Project Manager)
The successful applicant will be responsible for working with existing clients to upgrade their existing network connectivity solutions and migrate over existing services to the upgraded network. The role should will require the running of multiple client projects in parallel; the ability to provide strong governance to management and other stakeholders; and have very good networking knowledge in order to represent the organization when advising clients on our networking standards.
- Manage the client upgrade projects through to completion working closely with the regional Client Integration Managers, Global Networking Team and Sales to ensure the client is fully migrated and previous hardware removed from site.
- Provide strong governance to the Key Stakeholders including the Head of CIS and Executive Management.
- Chase down any slow adopters and escalate to Sales when necessary.
- Understand EBS Networking standards for client site connectivity into our Core Network located in NY2 and NY5; and ensure clients adhere to these standards.
- Handover the upgraded client to the Regional Client Integration Managers based in New York.
- Document any signed off non-standard solutions and ensure this documentation is shared for ongoing support.
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to complete this project.
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced Project Manager
- Excellent Project Governance
- Strong Networking Knowledge
- Understanding of TCP connectivity and Multi-cast (for Market Data)
- Self-Starter – Ability to work on your own on multiple client integration projects, managing time and the client’ s expectations
- Excellent client facing skills, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of Networking
- Understanding of TCP, HSRP, BGP
- Understanding of Multicast, plus ITCH, BPP (Binary Packet Protection), MuldUDP63 protocols
- Knowledge of deploying vendor solutions onto client sites
- An appreciation of network routing and hardware
- Working knowledge using 3rd party applications is preferable – e.g. Service Now; Salesforce; SmartSheet; Confluence; Visio; etc.
- Strong background of implementing Integration solutions
Special Job Requirements:
- Client migrations are normally managed outside of core business hours, so out of hours support for the clients during the migration activities should be expected to complete the migration and ensure all activities are completed successfully.