Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) - Remote
Full-stack Software Engineer (Ruby, React) - More backend focused
Job Type & Duration: Contract
Duration: 6 month contract to start with opportunity to extend and/or convert to FTE
Location: 100% remote
The Transactions Engineering team focuses on making it easy for buyers and sellers to transact on their platform. The team is responsible for making sure that the millions of dollars going from buyers to sellers is done in an efficient, compliant way while still serving our customers core needs. Current and future work for the team includes continuing to remove friction from buyers and sellers while keeping up with the ever changing regulatory environment.
- Upcoming work is planned in warranties or adding payment methods
- Working with 3rd party software integrations
- Bug Fixes
- Writing of unit tests, implementing monitoring into new features
- 2+ years of professional experience with web technologies and applicable RDBMSes.
- Experience reading 3rd party documentation and working with legacy codebases.
- Comfortable with CI/CD, testing strategies, and agile deployment.
- Understanding of good coding practices and can follow existing paradigms.
- Working knowledge of your chosen languages and frameworks, but curiosity and ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly when called for.
- Great communication skills and the desire to collaborate across departments and with customers. Able to ask clarifying questions and provide tech context when needed.