Full Stack Engineer - Distributed Systems
New York, NY 10282
Full Stack Engineer, Distribution Systems Technology
The selected candidate will join the Distribution Systems team in New York as a software engineer working on the firm’ s integration initiatives. The Distribution Systems team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems design, business analysis, software development and quality assurance services. The candidate will be focusing on building features for the firm’ s enterprise credit control systems primarily leveraging Java, Restful APIs, Kafka and Vue.js technologies.
- Actively participate within cross functional team (QA & Business analysts) and the broader development organization in identifying system impacts, defining and implementing solutions.
- Understand and advocate for Agility principles of software development.
- Implement Feature Stories by collaborating with Analysts and QA engineers.
- Implement security upgrades and patches. Maintain a high security posture for applications being worked on
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, business analysts, and QA analysts to create a vision for a seamless experience across platforms
- Contribute to code review sessions with fellow developers for the benefit of continuous improvement
- Participate in automation initiatives to increase team efficiency and throughput
You will be a good fit if you are somebody who…
- Understands that communication is one of the most important responsibility of a software engineer.
- Strives for clean, simple, testable codes that adheres to design patterns best practices
- Focuses on shipping software that matters to the users, to the team.
- Experienced different type of development lifecycle methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban. etc) and knows that the most important thing is what works for the team
- Prioritizes work based on clear understanding of goals, contexts and expectations.
- Mature and pro-active approach in generating tactical (short term) and strategic (long term) solutions
- Promotes a learning environment, maintains curiosity and expresses enthusiasm.
- Excels as a team player, with high level of empathy and team orientation. You deeply care about how your work attitude affects those around you.
- Passionately advocates and practices continuous improvement.
- Doesn’ t mind looking bad when failures happen and embraces the learning opportunities that come with it.
- A willing self-starter with strong sense of end to end ownership and accountability.
Essential Experience / Education
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science, Engineering and/or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience with hands on Full Stack Java software development
- Good working knowledge of Oracle SQL Database
- Solid understanding of RESTful API designs and implementations
- Experience using Kafka preferred
- Experience in Vue.js preferred