remote, IL 60606 US
The Marketplace Optimization team is a part of the Search and Ads group at Etsy, who are committed to refining search ranking quality for both buyers and sellers. We are responsible for the third path ranking of search results, which significantly shapes the overall customer search experience. The team is an eclectic mix of machine learning engineers, applied scientists, and a product manager. Collaborating intensively with software engineers and various product and enablement teams throughout the organization, we are involved in the creation and execution of advanced machine learning algorithms that consistently facilitate improved search results.
- We value respect, collaboration, and customer focus.
- We believe in encouraging an inclusive and supportive environment where everyone's ideas are heard and valued.
- We also believe in working closely with other teams and sharing ideas and insights to help drive innovation across the organization.
- And above all, we are passionate about delivering value to our customers and improving their search experience on Etsy.
About The Role
- Design, Analyze and Propose metrics to measure projects impact and opportunity sizing in eCommerce Search Scenario.
- Extract insights from data for improving current Machine learning ranking models that optimize for various business goals to power search at scale.
- Prototype, optimize, and productionize large-scale product improvements that deliver key results.
- Run A/B experiments to validate product improvements.
- PrePost Analysis on A/B experiments
- Work closely with software engineers, applied scientists, product managers, and designers.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- Supporting teams with data & analysis: you will work with multidisciplinary teams (marketing, product, etc.) to provide insights and analytical support when needed; you will also distill insights and make recommendations backed up by data to relevant stakeholders growing our business.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with large datasets
- Proficiency in Python, Scala, or similar languages
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to communicate complex issues simply to diverse stakeholders
- Master's degree in Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or related field
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a passion for numbers
- Proficient written communication in a remote team setting, familiarity with Slack and Google Docs
- Eagerness to learn, natural curiosity, and attention to detail
- Ability to take on and lead unconstrained problems and know when to seek help and how to deliver.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience in neural ML frameworks such as PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow.
- Have solid software engineering and coding skills, including CS fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Have experience working on large-scale, low-latency distributed systems.
- Research skills to transform business challenges into machine learning tasks effectively. A proven track record in utilizing machine learning approaches to solve real-world problems.
- Experience with / working in one of the following fields: deep learning, uplift modeling, fairness in recommender systems, reinforcement learning.