20 S Wacker Chicago, IL 60606
Our client is looking for a UX Designer with 4+ years of expertise in the creation of engaging digital experiences to work on a range of projects – from the corporate website to native mobile apps and beyond. Initial focus will be on a large scale site redesign, so hands-on experience in this area will be required.
You will craft experiences from concept, through digital product creation, owning interface and interaction design activities: workshops, creative brainstorming, complex problem solving, user flow development, UI and interaction design - leading to the creation of compelling and thoughtful user experiences.
You should be independent, self-motivating, and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, where the focus is firmly on our digital audience. You will have expertise in UI design and will be fluent in the use of best practices, design systems and brand standards. You will be an influencer and a negotiator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. You will be comfortable working with a global team of digital marketers and business leaders.
- Close collaboration with visual designers, functional/business analysts and content strategy to translate business and product requirements into an engaging and appealing user experience
- Follow a user-centered approach by considering qualitative and quantitative insights to affect key decisions and enhance the user experience: competitive analysis, customer feedback, site analytics, and user research findings
- Creation of low and hi-fi wireframes, user flows, designs and interactive prototypes
- Adoption of an iterative approach, with a focus on collaboration to ensure delivery of a useful and usable product
- Creation, maintenance and promotion of interface and brand standards, and design patterns
- Championing the customer experience and promoting usability best practices
Qualifications & Skills:
- Undergraduate qualification – Interaction Design, Multimedia, HCI, Communications or equivalent degree preferred
- Digital agency experience is strongly preferred
- Online portfolio or work samples demonstrating a variety of user-centered design solutions – with proven experience of delivering high quality design across large scale, data driven digital experiences
- Proficiency in a variety of prototyping and design tools e.g. *Sketch,*InVision, Axure, JustInMind, Gliffy, Balsamiq, Illustrator, Photoshop
- 4+ years of industry experience in user centered design methods and techniques to create viable solutions across screen sizes and devices
- Fluency in best practices for user experience design, and strong understanding of usability principles and techniques
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand user needs, motivations and behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Financial/Futures industry experience is a plus
- Experience in working across geographic boundaries