Systems Engineer - Linux DevOps
Chicago, IL 60606
We are ETPA (Enterprise Technology Production Assurance), an advanced and dedicated team staffed with a diverse skill set. The ETPA Systems Engineer combines traditional systems admin skills along with advanced application support, automation, and troubleshooting skills to enable rapid resolution of critical issues with theelectronic trading systems amongst many Clearing Applications.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and running large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant, and latency sensitive applications that run the business and provide our customers with extremely fast access to our markets. This individual will work on systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days during times of turmoil or surprises in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles. It’ s a very critical and exciting role where every day is different, challenging, and rewarding.
- Identifies and resolves performance issues and bottlenecks within the specified SLAs.
- Collaborates with our Global Information Security team to provide secure solutions.
- Operates as an outstanding team player, works well with others, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
- Self-motivated and great under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to develop skills and continue to grow.
- Ability to be self-motivated, capable of managing time well, and works efficiently without close supervision in a very dynamic environment.
- Docker (on premise), UCP, Kubernetes and support experience required.
- Jenkins/Ansible automation
- Istio and Envoy are a big plus
- Linux scripting, and application troubleshooting
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong automation scripting skills (Powershell, Python, Bash, etc)
- Traditional networking, particularly the ability to troubleshoot issues that involve the network, interpret packet captures, and diagnose connectivity issues. Multicast experience is a plus
- Container and service mesh networking and troubleshooting
- Configuration management and change management experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in technical support.
- A Bachelor’ s/Master’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience that is required for the specific job title.
- Technical skills supporting 3rd party applications including .Net/C#, Diffusion, Redis, Tibco FTL, Kafka, Docker, Jenkins, and Chef.
- AWS or relative cloud experience.
- Working experience in a Financial industry is a plus.