Sr Software Engineer
Chicago, IL 60606
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with minimal mentoring, to advance the organization in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
• Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
• Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
• Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL; Performs Elementary database modeling and intermediate database tuning.
• Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization. Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
• Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
• Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements.
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Java, J2EE, Spring & Spring MVC
- SQL, NoSQL, JDBC
- JUnit, JMock, Mockito
- Git, Maven
- Desgin patterns, Data structures
- Hands on experience with Linux
- Agile Development
- Experience creating modular applications. OSGi is a big plus