Software Engineering Consultant
400 S LaSalle St Chicago, IL 60605
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visas at this time.
- Develop, troubleshoot, support, maintain and enhance new and current applications based on our products and solutions
- Analyze and understand business requirements and translate them into application features based on our products and solutions
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems to correct technical issues that impede development or day- to-day operations
- Train/educate clients on internal products and solutions
- Flexibility to accommodate for client engagements based on project needs and lifecycle
- Keep abreast of new technologies and frameworks, and provide recommendations for improvements within the team
- Create and document application requirements, changes by working with internal project teams and clients.
- Bachelors in CS or other equivalent field
- 1 to 2+ years professional software development, with a very good Java programing skills
- Experience with Spring Framework, Maven and Oracle
- Experience with application servers, databases/SQL, log4j, Eclipse, and source control
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting software applications
- Excellent communication skills including by not limited to documentation, presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work closely and effectively with internal teams and clients
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced startup environment and display flexibility as priorities change to reflect our fast growing business
- Available to work outside usual hours of business during business emergencies
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 10%
- Strong understanding of core technical competencies, including software architecture and design
- Some experience with technologies including: SOAP, REST, JSON