550 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60606
The Software Engineer consultant is expected to deliver secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with minimal mentoring, to advance our client in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing.
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
- Exhibits skilled knowledge of database SQL; Performs Elementary database modeling and intermediate database tuning.
- Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization. Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
- Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements.
- 5+ Years of Relevant Experience in Java development, UNIX
- Working knowledge and experience in Maven, GIT, Bamboo and JIRA
- Financial messaging protocol knowledge will be a plus