Software Design Engineer
mt prospect, IL 60056
Our Product Development group is continuing our development activities with new software development positions to support our new product introductions, as well as new development projects. Working on both embedded processor systems that control the machine functions and Windows GUI user interface, this group primarily uses C, C++ and C# for development activities.
Take this opportunity to apply your skills throughout all phases of software development, from requirements definition and software design through implementation, testing and product support. Primary development responsibilities will focus on embedded processors, LINUX and Windows CE operating systems. Performing software development in a controlled environment using state-of-the-art version control tools, you will support products that are in field trials, in production, and/or at customer sites.
We are looking for candidates with:
- BS in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or related area/experience.
- 3 or more years of practical experience in software development, ideally with both embedded and Windows development experience.
- Development skills using C/C++, and C#
- Familiarity with RS232, RS-485 and TCP-IP communication interfaces.
- Experience/exposure to LINUX, Windows CE, XP and XP-embedded microprocessor controls for embedded applications.