Senior Windows System Engineer
Parsippany, NJ 07054
We are seeking a Senior Windows System Engineer who will be responsible for the development of migration, testing and implementation plans. The engineer will work with the Operations, Development, QA and Business groups to recommend and design solutions and standards to support business requirements. These solutions will need to be automated and the relevant documentation created for enterprise scale technologies that will be deployed and supported by other groups.
Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manages, maintains and administers production computer systems and applications.
- Identify and troubleshoot complex incidents with Windows Servers
- Troubleshoots and supports systems and service at a high technical level.
- Investigates, evaluates and recommends new systems, services and solutions to further customer service and align with business drivers.
- Works to coordinates all upgrades, implementations, and enhancements.
- Expected to manage projects, project tasks and provide status as needed.
- Provide Tier 3 Support
- Assist Tier 1 and 2 support to ensure customer satisfaction and metrics are met
- Act as an escalation point for Tier 2 end user incidents and problems
- Provide problem management and resolutions
- Administer, manage and own Development, QA and production systems
- Plan and implement upgrades to all systems and services
- Evaluate, identify, and propose production systems and services
- Produce technical documentation, test plans, performance benchmarks, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Take ownership of key and assigned platforms and systems to manage usage, versions, and operations of those platforms and systems
- Manage tickets / tasks within a structured ticket management system
- Assist other team members to ensure service levels are met
- Interact with other IT and non-IT teams to accomplish assigned tasks
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by management
- Deep technical knowledge of the Windows Operating system.
- Scripting automation experience with at least one language. Powershell, vbscript, winbatch or other.
- Experience configuring VMware ESX and vCenter server.
- Experience creating unattended Windows installations.
- Experience building and supporting backup solutions. Netbackup and/or Veeam preferred.
- Active Directory maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with Window Terminal Servers.
- Experience with Performance monitoring and benchmarking tools.
- Understanding of IT Security concepts and practice as they relate to servers and desktops
- Solid knowledge in networking concepts and practice.
- Experience with server hardware implementation and management.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience configuring Netapp Storage systems.
- Some Linux Knowledge
- Citrix Experience
- Knowledge of IBM MQ
- SQL server experience
- Experience configuring Windows Server Clustering.
- Experience with Cyberark Password Vault
- Experience with Cloud hosting, computing and storage solutions (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Experience with VitalQip.
- Knowledge of IBM Auditing Tool ILMT and BigFix
- Experience with a patching application or Software distribution systems.
Qualifications & Experience
- Requires 5+ years of Windows systems administration,
- Requires 5+ years of experience in Windows systems engineering and architecture of Microsoft infrastructure.
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, AWS or any related is a plus.