Senior Systems Engineer
150 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60606
Senior Systems Engineer
The Technology Solutions department is responsible for designing and delivering state of the art technology solutions that are designed to create efficiency, mitigate risk, and grow revenue for the Firm.
Technology Solutions focuses on technical excellence through innovative application designs, robust data integration and analytics, high availability infrastructure, and gold level service for our key stakeholders. Critical functions within Technology Solutions include Project Management, Vendor Management, Business Analysis, Data Strategy and Stewardship, Application Development and 3rd Party Integration, Strategic Infrastructure, and Operations. The Technology Solutions department collaborates closely with Firm leadership and business unit heads to develop plans in line with business objectives.
The Infrastructure Team needs a Senior Systems Engineer well-versed in the Microsoft-based technology ecosystem.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of relevant experience in information technology, including working for mid-sized organizations.
The primary technology responsibilities of the role include:
· Citrix XenApp 7.x architecture, support and implementation
· General Windows Administration, including Active Directory and Group Policy
· Microsoft Office 365 architecture and administration
· VMWare 5/6 and associated technologies
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
· Build and support solutions that leverage our existing investment in Microsoft-based technology
· Build a process of continuous improvement with the technologies and products you are responsible for supporting
· Participate in the Infrastructure Team on-call rotation
· Incident management
· Quality written and spoken communication skills
· Close working relationships with peers
Experience with the following is considered a plus:
· Automated software deployment solutions such as Microsoft SCCM
· Systems management systems such as Microsoft SCOM
· ITIL concepts
· Disaster recovery programs and testing
· Datacenter management
· Project management
· Experience providing evidence for IT audits, such as SOX, PCI, or HIPPA Candidate Requirements
Qualifications & Experience:
· College degree with relevant on the job experience.
· Self-motivated, team oriented, flexible and able to multi-task.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Client oriented with excellent customer service skills.
· Motivated by a fast paced, complex environment.
· Proactively stays current with technology to develop innovative solutions for the business.