Senior Risk Software Developer
353 North Clark St, Suite 3100 Chicago, IL 60654
Senior Risk Software Developer
The Senior Risk Software Developer is primarily responsible for the design, development and testing of Java based Pricing and Risk applications. We are looking for a technologist with back-end Java expertise, a mathematical inclination, experience performing large computations on multiple datasets, and knowledge of the finance domain.
As part of the Back-End Clearing Software Development team, the Senior Developer will take on new initiatives related to our Risk and Pricing systems, leveraging financial mathematics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solving the business problem through the use of applied technologies
- Designing and developing Risk and Pricing systems. Proactively identifies potential application problem areas and suggests solutions with minimal supervision
- Gaining a thorough understanding of our internal risk management framework
- Key contributor for implementing change to technology systems for large risk management and pricing projects
- Understand the entire ecosphere of the firm' s Clearing Systems – proactively identify dependencies and impacts of changes to other clearing systems with the Risk system and vice-versa
- Evaluates software for performance (latency, throughput, SQL, heap utilization, scalability) and makes/recommends changes where appropriate
- Plans and executes unit tests to ensure the developed code is free of functional defects
- Collaborates with business analysts and QA analysts in the design and execution of business functional system and performance tests
- Leads solution design and code reviews
- Pursues continuing professional development by acquiring technical, application and industry knowledge
- Research' s and recommends technology solutions. Works in an environment of evolving technology
- Communicates with business stakeholders, senior management and external vendors
- Works on projects with changing priorities and potentially stressful situations
- Strong knowledge of Java and object oriented system technologies
- Spring (Core, Batch, Security, Integration)
- Relational databases – Oracle, SQL
- NoSQL databases preferred – MongoBD, Cassandra, etc.
- Kafka, Ignite, HDFS, Flume, and similar are a plus
- Interacts effectively as a team player / Strong communication and organization skills
- Bachelor' s degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university with a major in computer science, finance or mathematics
- Five to seven years of experience with server-side Java application development.
- Two to four years of experience working at a financial institution (major bank, hedge fund, prop shop) in their financial markets technology departments is required.
- Knowledge of OTC Credit Derivatives and/or other interest rate or OTC derivatives – CDS, Structured Products, Interest Rate Products, Options is a plus
- Understanding and experience in working with Pricing/Risk Management/Portfolio Margining Models and Systems, clearing functions is a plus