Senior QA Automation Analyst
Chicago, IL 60622
Senior QA Automation Analyst
· OLTP systems for managing business and system workflows
· Distributed batch processing systems for quantitative risk analytics
· Enterprise Integration systems for ETL and Data Feed Management
· Reporting systems for Member, Regulatory and Compliance
· User Interface systems for the external marketplace
Responsibilities and Duties
We are seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Analyst to work closely with other Quality Assurance professionals, Development professionals and other Technology teams to validate and develop test automation for end-to-end systems requirements and complex activities related to the release of new products, software releases and business initiatives. Activities include quality assurance review of specified products; and test automation development and support.
· Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated test strategy and test cases.
· Strong background in building automated testing architectures / frameworks
· Strong background in reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases.
· Design effective component, system, functional, application and enterprise level test automation.
· Identify dependencies, risks, and defines the overall strategy for testing complex systems or applications.
· Participates in all aspects of a full-lifecycle development methodology, and related quality concepts and processes.
· Performs troubleshooting software / hardware configuration problems.
· Designs should include establishment of repeatable and automated procedures for data aging, baseline recording, trend development and test execution.
· Certify conceptually and via test execution, each components’ capabilities.
· Analyze, troubleshoot and automate systems at the application, database and network level.
Must be results-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment. This role requires frequent interaction with project managers, developers, third-party application vendors, product managers and sales professionals in order to ensure that we deliver quality systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in enterprise application testing (test case development and execution) for an exchange, clearing house or FCM
· Minimum of 5 years experience in the software development life cycle, preferably in a financial services environment
· Prefer at least 5 years experience with commodity markets, financial trading environment, or equity brokerage business and exposure to futures markets
· Prefer 5+ years experience working in UNIX/Linux and SQL/Oracle environments.
· Strong working knowledge of Java based test automation frameworks (TestNG, Selenium, JUnit).
· Experience with testing of REST-based APIs
· Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment, and deliver production quality software within tight schedules
· Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Ability to define and refine test processes and methods that deliver on the business demands.
· Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and decision making ability.
· Extensive knowledge of testing process, testing methodology analysis and defect reporting tools.
· Experience with both White Box and Black Box Testing.
o Ability to analyze, and interpret application interfaces and technical procedures.
o Ability to define, direct and prioritize tasks and activities of other quality assurance professionals.
o Ability to write test cases and other application development documentation.
o Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from technical staff both internal and external to the company.
o Ability to reviewing business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
· Education and/or Experience (Includes Certificates, Licenses, Registrations that may be required or preferred)
o Bachelor' s degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university with a major in computer science, finance or mathematics; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.