Senior Java Developer
555 W. Adams St. Chicago, IL 60661
Sr. Java Developer
“ The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ ll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- We prize flexibility, continuous improvement and openness, and offer a unique opportunity to combine technology with client relations and support.
What you’ ll bring:
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- Strong hands on experience in Core Java, OOPS, Multithreading and Java Concurrency
- Strong hands on experience in RDBMS - DB2 and Oracle
- Experience in Unix/Linux commands, shell scripting and Autosys
- Experience developing high volume transaction systems – both real-time and batch
- Strong Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems, e.g Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
We’ d love to see:
- Any experience with ETL( Ab-initio) preferred
Impact you’ ll make:
- Collaborate with the developers, business analysts and development managers in order to determine the software' s technical direction, systems architecture, system design and implementation plan.
- Responsible for systems analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing.
- Requirement gathering & understanding, Analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates.
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery.
- Code reviews, exposure to continuous integration, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements.
- Periodically review existing production defects and identify / address issues impacting production stability / scalability.
- Acts as advisor or coach to junior developers.