Senior Director - Front Office Technology
150 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 800 Chicago, IL 60606
Senior Director – Front Office Technology
Technology Solutions focuses on technical excellence through innovative application designs, robust data integration and analytics, highly available and secure infrastructure, and gold level service for our key stakeholders. Critical functions within Technology Solutions include Project Management, Vendor Management, Business Analysis, Data Strategy and Stewardship, Application Development and third Party Integration, Strategic Infrastructure, Information Security, and Technology Operations. The Technology Solutions department collaborates closely with Firm leadership and business unit heads to develop plans in line with business objectives.
Position Responsibilities The Technology Solutions Department is looking for an experienced individual to lead our Front Office Technology team including client relationship management, application development and support, and third party application configuration, support, and vendor management. Although not directly related to front office technology, this team is also responsible for the development, delivery, and support of our enterprise data warehouse solution. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing the current environment while simultaneously developing a long term strategy and roadmap that will embrace state of the art, progressive technology concepts and services to improve productivity and competitive advantage. The ideal candidate should have a long history of operating in a senior leadership position demonstrating innovative thinking, persuasive and influential partnerships with senior business executives, and pragmatic management of expenses. He or she should have an impressive track record delivering advanced technology solutions across a variety of functions and use cases in mid-large Asset Management firms with very strong people management skills building high functioning teams, coaching, and retaining top talent. As a member of the Technology Solutions leadership team, candidate will contribute to the evolution of the Technology Solutions Department by embracing key pillars of the mission including streamlining operations for improved efficiency, quality, and lower costs; enhancing partnerships with key stakeholders; leveraging technology for competitive advantage; focusing on system performance, productivity gains, and reliability; and providing unparalleled technical support and service to our stakeholders including white glove service to key producers in the Firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Lead a team of business analysts to fully understand business processes, technology solutions, and pain points in order to develop a plan to leverage technology for scale and competitive advantage.
· Provide technical leadership for the execution teams across both in house developed applications and 3rd party applications.
· Collaborate with colleagues in Technology Solutions to ensure systems are integrated and follow best practices and standards aligned with our application architecture and enterprise data strategies.
· Ensure our applications and data are highly available and highly secure at all times, following our practices for least privilege and data loss prevention.
· Strengthen operational procedures and project management practices across all functions within the scope of responsibilities
· Evaluate the current organization and identify a futuristic team structure that balances in house resources with strategic 3rd party partnerships, provides role clarity, redundancy, and career growth for our staff, provides high touch, white glove service, and can adequately anticipate and support the high demand for new features, high availability, and high performance across multiple stakeholders.
· Discover and conduct research/case studies on leading edge technologies that yield competitive advantage, and make determinations on the probability of implementation.
· Develop and monitor operational KPIs and TS budgets to assess technological performance.
· Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
· Communicate technology strategy to business partners and Firm Executives in an appropriate and persuasive approach that demonstrates business value.
· Provide leadership in a fashion that supports the company’ s culture, mission and values. Candidate Requirements
· Minimum 15 years overall technology experience with proven experience in a similar leadership role
· Current knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
· Experience developing and managing budgets and corresponding business plans
· Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
· Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
· Ability to think and act strategically and proactively
· Strong writing and presentation skills
· BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a