Senior Developer Consultant
Chicago, IL 60602
Senior Developer Consultant
Maintains, develops and supports integrations and applications to support the business objectives of a financial services company in an Agile environment. The position also requires knowledge of data management strategies. This would include using middleware or other technologies to support integration and reporting efforts.
The role will be responsible for work beginning with analysis and design phases, through development and testing. It also includes preparing applications for deployment as well as support of changes – hand-over to support will be critical to success.
Good communications skills and strong knowledge of the securities industry are also very important. Harris Associates is a top tier global investment management firm with 24 hours x 6 day trading operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop automated solutions while improving and simplifying the integration architecture.
- Work with other team members in the understanding and improvement of departmental standards and best practices related to application design and data governance.
- Follow firm processes for source control, builds, deployments and change control.
- Create and maintain documentation including architectural and design diagrams, process management, support documentation and maintaining the firm’ s knowledge base.
- Manage assigned project work by tracking activity, identifying problems and providing regular updates.
- Work with users and BA to perform analysis, develop test plans and assist quality assurance process.
- Available to perform occasional weeknight and weekend support of deployments and assist production support staff as needed.
- Assist with the training of others (e.g. Support and Service Desk) as needed.
- Must be a team player with very strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Drive to learn new technologies and improve the technological/operating environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work with team members and business users in a 24 x 6 environment.
- Experience with full systems development lifecycle (SDLC) using Agile/Scrum methodology and Jira.
- 7+ years’ development experience.
- 5+ years’ .Net framework (4, 4.5 and earlier), focusing on C#, ASP.Net, MVC, LINQ.
- 5+ years’ T-SQL on SQL Server 2008, 2012, and/or beyond.
- 3+ years’ web services (SOAP, WCF, REST, WSDL).
- Knowledge of messaging patterns, especially pub/sub, utilizing NServiceBus, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Solid experience with source control tools (preferably Git), including branching and merging.
- Experience providing financial solutions by integrating trading/asset management industry platforms – including Charles River, SalesForce, Eagle and Axys or equivalent systems.
- Experience with BDD, test-driven development and unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS
- Scheduling systems and automation tools for batch processing, such as ActiveBatch.
- DevOps processes including build processes (Bamboo) and deployments (XL Deploy).
- Programming automating interfaces to data sources such as Bloomberg or Factset.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with Telerik UI controls and ASP.Net.
- Experience supporting and understanding web applications, including IIS.
This position requires a self-directed professional who is eager to develop technical skills related to financial services and back office trading operations.
Key Organizational Relationships:
This individual will interact with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as individuals within the IT department.