Senior Developer (Core Java)
353 N Clark St # 3100 Chicago, IL 60654
This is a position with an entrepreneurial and aggressive organization that implements world-class risk management solutions for the financial markets industry. A successful candidate maintains a hands-on pragmatic approach with an understanding of the dynamics of the financial marketplace.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Developer will be primarily responsible for the design, development and testing of applications that interface with sophisticated back-end systems. The role requires a solid knowledge of server-side technologies.
An ideal candidate for this position will be a highly motivated self-starter that works best in a collaborative environment. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential as this position interfaces with stakeholders. In addition, on-going documentation will be required.
- Under minimal supervision, exercise judgment within defined standard practices and procedures to analyze, test, design, program, debug, modify and implement system requirements.
- Understands complex business systems and workflows and be able to easily explain them to other developers.
- Commits to completing well-defined work, and delivers on those commitments.
- Able to balance design considerations with the ability to deliver the specified requirements.
- Maintains a focus on solving the business problem through the use of applied proven technologies
- Designs and develops programs and systems. Proactively identifies potential application problem areas and suggests solutions. Requires minimal supervision in the execution of these responsibilities
- Evaluates software for performance (latency, throughput, SQL, heap utilization, scalability) and makes/recommends changes where appropriate
- Plans and executes unit tests to ensure the developed code is free of functional defects
- Collaborates with systems operations in developing applicable scheduling and/or execution parameters
- Provides critical production support, resolves production problems.
- Adheres to appropriate development standards within the SDLC and maintains a strong sense of developer discipline.
- Works in an environment of evolving technology
- Must maintain general and specific knowledge regarding functional activities of system technology
- Works on projects with changing priorities and potentially stressful situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge of Java and object oriented system technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop industry and technical knowledge
- Interacts effectively as a team player
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers, senior management and business stakeholders
- Core Java
- Spring (Boot, Core, Batch, Security, Integration)
- PSQL, JDBC, JPA
- Apache Avro
- Source Code Management (Perforce/GIT)
- Maven, Jenkins, JUnit
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor' s degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university with a major in computer science, finance or mathematics; or five to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to seven years of experience with server-side Java application development.