Senior Database Administration Engineer
6955 Treeline Drive Brecksville/Bannockbun IL, IN 60015
Our client, a nation healthcare services company is looking for a SQL DBA for a contract to hire opportunity. This position can be in Bannockburn, IL or Cleveland, OH. ?
- Installation and test of database products and software:
- Oracle Database
- SQL Database
- Be involved in the day to day operational activities that may include:
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release,
- upgrades and current versions of software
- evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features
- development of protocols to support established standards improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features, development of processes and interface requirements
- data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and update necessary information and communicate to internal team
- Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes for problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- lead projects with small to moderate sized scope and teams.
- act as a consultant on special projects for multiple teams.
- provide coaching and guidance to more junior engineers
- assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- 5 + years of experience in a technical engineering role
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Experience in:
- Technical Operations in an on-line environment.
- Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Establish & maintain relationships with organization, the business community & with partners.
- analyze and report data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business
Nice to have
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or Business.