Senior Cloud Engineer
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for the overall management and support of the Firm’ s network infrastructure. The ideal candidate has: experience supporting medium to large networks; data center management; cloud infrastructure management; worked with various networking tools and protocols; a good understanding of network security; and a desire to stay current with new technology solutions.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Maintain and monitor MS Office 365 suite.
- Manage and support Linux systems and Windows systems.
- Develop, document, or maintain standards, best practices, or system usage procedures.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Write, review, or execute plans for testing new or established document management systems.
- Provide consultation and direction on migrating customers applications to Cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and office365
- Office 365 Tenant administration (Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Azure, ADFS, Active Directory Premium).
- Office 365 Product deployment management (Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Yammer, Microsoft Teams, Groups, etc.).
- Maintain and build scripts to manage the cloud infrastructure and server instances.
- Administration and support of SharePoint (On-premise and Online) farm and other web applications.
- Intune and Azure AD Premium best practice guidance and administration.
- Develop testing and implementation plans for projects with multiple moving parts.
- Actively participate in troubleshooting and RCA for security and INF events.
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. Industry certifications preferred.
- 7+ years of infrastructure and operations experience in a technical role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, disaster recovery, network security architecture and engineering.
- Must have strong prior scripting experience with a proven ability to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Experience with Federated Authentication and Azure Active Directory, OKTA.
- Platform and OS experience: Linux, UNIX, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, iOS.
- Prior experience with Skype for Business Online, SharePoint and OneDrive administration & Implementation support.
- Experience with remote access technology such as: Citrix, OWA, Juniper (SSL VPN), Cisco VPN, etc.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Outstanding client service skills and ability to present ideas in user-friendly manner.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.