QA Engineer (GUI and API testing in NY))
Chicago, IL 60606
The QA Engineer will be responsible to conduct manual and automation testing of GUI and API applications. Role also includes maintaining the test environments, troubleshooting problems and working closely with the Business and Operational teams as needed, developing test scripts, executing tests and analyzing results, solving complex problems, providing/evaluating solution options, collaborating with IT teams, researching new products and/or working on internal projects.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Conduct functional testing of GUI and API applications related to FX Trading
• Prepare and execute automation scripts for the applications under test
• Understand oral and written requirements and write detailed test cases
• Liaise with various teams to understand and gather application functionality and dependency details
• Track defects to do closure
• Troubleshoot issues encountered during testing and assist groups in problem analysis
• Create, modify and execute test plans and cases to verify published business requirements and functional specifications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of bachelor' s degree or equivalent in computer science
• Knowledge of testing process and methodologies
• Experience with fast-paced environment – able to quickly adjust to rapidly changing schedules and priorities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – thinks in a logical and ordered way
• Ability to work independently or with a team as required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – can articulate clear objectives and statuses with project stakeholders
• Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing
• Track and report defects using appropriate tools such as Jira
• Working knowledge of QA and SDLC (Agile/Scrum/Waterfall) methodologies
• Experience testing with Client/Server and Web based environments
• Working knowledge of SQL – can create ad-hoc queries to verify test results or troubleshoot issues.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix usage
• Scripting experience.
• Good knowledge of API testing.
• Ability to write test scripts using Selenium, Ranorex or Puppeteer.
• Bachelor’ s degree of Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent certificate and experience
• 5+ years of experience in manual functional and automated testing.
• 5+ years of experience of testing trading applications
• 3+ years of experience in creating automation scripts in Java or VB.net