425 W. Randolph St. Chicago, IL 60606
Our Client, an Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
POIT Program Management Office (PMO) is a centralized organization, providing single-point responsibility for POIT initiatives from the strategic, planning, realization and support readiness perspectives. The focus of POIT PMO includes:
• Definition, management, communication & realization of initiative deployments, aligned with POIT strategies and objectives.
• Coordination & management of highly complex initiatives, focused on accurate, consistent and timely planning, issue resolution/mitigation and reporting, involving clearly defined project deliverables (including Change Management), dependencies, resource needs, risks & communications.
• Responsibility for seamless Support Readiness planning & execution.
PMO ensures that all stakeholder interests are addressed and that reports provide consistent and measurable results, including overall planning and realization effectiveness and timeliness.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – LIST IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE; 5-6 MAXIMUM)
• Vetting of new initiative candidates, including requirements gathering, business case creation, change management plan, technical feasible assessment & high-level deployment schedule.
• Manage new IT Service & Infrastructure deployment projects, partnering with IT Domain leaders, including Network & Facility, and Vendor Management in support of new service deployment planning & realization.
• Contribute to & execute the POIT PMO processes, methods, tools, reports, KPIs, improvements & streamlining.
• Service Realization responsibility for planning, executing & reporting on IT deployments.
• Consistently plan, communicate and coordinate the implementation of highly complex IT projects.
• Manage complex solutions into clearly defined initiative deliverables, dependencies, resource needs & risks.
• Develop solid partnerships with POIT LT, Managers & stakeholders, in support of new intake and backlog initiatives.
ENVIRONMENT (I.E. DEGREE OF SUPERVISION / INDEPENDENCE; CREATIVITY / FOLLOWING PROCEDURES)
• Works independently with regular engagement and direction from the Senior Manager and Director levels
• Drives and motivate cross functional groups within HERE to meet and exceed expectations on project deliverables
• Ensures that all HERE projects follow the HERE Program Management engagement model. This includes completing all required project deliverables, standards and best practices
• Proactively identify new and innovative ways to respond to new challenges and HERE business initiatives
SCOPE (I.E. INDIVUDAL CONTRIBUTOR VS. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES; # AND TITLES OF DIRECT REPORTS, IF APPLICABLE)
• Job Description is for a key team member with no direct reports.
• Project Manager will manage cross functional teams
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM EDUCATION, AMT. & TYPE OF WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB COMPETENTLY)
o Undergraduate degree required (grad. Degree preferred)
o Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred
o Certifications: PMP preferred
• Work Experience:
o 8+ years of successful management and solution delivery of cross-functional projects.
o At least 5 years experience of IT Project Management.
o Experience managing complex projects that involve cross functional internal business processes and matrix organizations and may involve dependencies with external business partners.
o Proven ability to interface with all levels across the HERE landscape; ability to manage up, down and across effectively
o Strong communicator, with proven ability to navigate / negotiate passionate & differing perspectives.
o Experience with formal process definition & improvement.
o Proven technical experience managing Service initiatives (defining, planning, tracking, reporting & deploying).
o Experience with industry tools (i.e. MS Project, Jira, ServiceNow, Confluence, Sharepoint, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) in support of planning and realization,
o Ability to manage a diverse team, driving initiatives to closure.