Product Manager - End User Computing
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
All, this is a Product Manager with a blend of software and infrastructure ideally. I don' t have a range just yet but lets not waste any time. GCM is at 25% fee. o365 and MS technology is the only criteria at the moment in addition to proven Product Management experience.
The position serves as End User Computing Product Manager in the Information Technology – IT Product and Strategy department of a dynamic and growing alternative investment management firm. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for guiding the construction of valuable, useful, and feasible solutions for enterprise end user computing including: user workstations, mobile workplace, collaboration tools and office productivity platforms.
A Product Manager’ s role is both strategic and tactical sitting at the intersection of the business, user experience, and technology. The Product Manager will be responsible for building relationships throughout the firm, managing cross-functional deliverables, and partnering with engineering teams and project management teams to deliver projects.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Think big and identify opportunities that change our business.
- Partner with business units to transform how they work with technology and guide them toward the right technology decisions.
- Develop compelling business cases that would make a CFO proud.
- Build and represent the vision for your products.
- Pitch your ideas and get the firm excited.
- Implement solutions that users love to use.
- Build strong relationships across business units; embrace their goals and understand their pain.
- Represent the voice of the user to the engineering team and vice versa.
- Prioritize projects balancing competing objectives.
- Measure everything and use these metrics to demonstrate success or opportunities for improvement.
- Know the product landscape, what they’ re doing, where they’ re going, and how you can leverage them.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- You have a bachelor’ s degree.
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a product manager.
- You have strong experience implementing solutions within the with Microsoft Windows and O365 platforms.
- You understand and have familiarity with content management, information security, device management, and solutions architecture.
- You are passionate about and or are familiar with asset management and investing.
- You have worked in and are passionate about collaborative environments and Agile methodology.
- You have extensive experience working with users to create products that you believe in.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You are motivated to create great customer experiences and are empathetic about users’ goals and pain points.
- You have a powerful analytical skillset and can motivate others to share your vision and enthusiasm.
- You are adaptable, dependable, and dedicated to your products and team.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, fast-paced and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to take initiative with discretion and judgment.