PC Hardware / Desktop Support
Chicago, IL 60606
Work as part of a team that is responsible for the day to day desktop support, including operations and support of all the domestic and global corporate audio and video equipment, as well as change/move/adds to the Chicago data centers.
• Providing a high level of customer service to user requests for both staff and trading floor users.
• Imaging PCs with Windows OS and MacBooks with OS X.
• Troubleshooting printer, hardware, application, operating system, and network connectivity issues.
• Moving CME Group staff technology equipment for department moves and internal transfers.
• Data center hardware and connection moves, adds, and changes work.
• Troubleshooting issues related to Cat6 copper and fiber cabling.
• Providing real-time support in case of technology failure.
• Performing and processing inventory transactions to obtain materials needed for daily tasks.
• Providing shift summaries and documentation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience with Windows 7.
• Experience with TCP/IP networking, and PC LAN/NIC configurations.
• Familiarity and troubleshooting skills with structured wiring cabling with test equipment (Cat 5, 6, fiber optic, copper).
• Hands on experience installing and troubleshooting PCs and printers.
• Understanding of imaging in an enterprise environment with Windows OS. Knowledge of enterprise Macs OSX imaging is a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot application issues for Windows 7. Mac OS X is a plus.
• Familiarity with enterprise inventory control systems.
• Support experience in a fast paced environment (1000 endpoints or more) working directly with end users.
• Must be able to lift equipment 75 lbs. or less into enclosures.
• Active Directory
• Relevant Microsoft and CompTIA certifications
The ideal candidate will possess the above qualifications as well as the following soft skills:
• Team player
• Adaptable to change
• Strong technical ability
• Ability to navigate ambiguities
• Ability to work under extreme pressure
• Positive attitude
• Proven leadership skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills