175 W. Jackson, Suite 400 Chicago, IL 60604
This role is for a network engineer with proven experience in routing, switching, and security based on Cisco technology platforms. The candidate will provide technical support and superior customer service for LAN, WAN, and Datacenter projects and issues, with a focus on stability, efficiency, and security. JOB
- To provide continuous and stable network service by ensuring team adherence to change management, incident management, information security policies and thorough documentation
- Manage the timely resolution of network incidents both locally and globally
- Coordinate network changes with colleagues, clients and vendors to ensure no disruption of service
- Enhance and define network policies and practices and documentation where necessary
- Assist in the development of global and local network security policies, standards, and procedures
- Develop and implement network backup and recovery plans to ensure reliable network service
- Validate and maintain network infrastructure diagrams and procedure documentation.
- Oversee network maintenance including patch release cycles and change implementation
- Ensure timely application of security updates; collaborating with the ITSO and LISO as required Participate in Incident Management & Change Management procedures
- After hours and weekend support as required
Education and Experience:
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience CCNA desired but demonstrated expertise is acceptable Minimum 5 years experience as a routing/switching/security engineer
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex network issues
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources for the resolution of complex problems or initiatives with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to create clear & concise documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated and accountable with the ability to drive results
- Able to collaborate with diverse teams and staff of all levels to implement projects and resolve incidents
- Financial industry experience a plus
Required Technical Competencies:
- General administration of Cisco IOS router and switch platforms, including AAA, system hardening, and SNMP.
- General administration of Cisco Nexus switch platforms (7k, 5k, 3k, 2k) including AAA, system hardening, and SNMP.
- General administration of Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewall platforms including managing objects, ACL policies, NATs, etc.
- Layer 2 protocols such as Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Port Channeling, 802.1q trunking, Virtual Port Channeling (VPC), etc.
- Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, VRFs and associated enhancements such as route-maps, ACLs, and NATs VPN protocols such as IKE/IPSec and TLS/SSL Simple packet capture analysis using Wireshark or other tools
- Familiarity with Datacenter environments including physical security, racking equipment, cabling systems, etc.
- Solarwinds Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Network Configuration Manager (NCM), Syslog Server, Netflow Analyzer
Additional Desired Technical Competencies
- Sparse Mode IP Multicast deployments
- MPLS WAN deployments
- Cisco Fabric Path, HSRP Anycast, and OTV deployments
- QOS WAN Policy configuration
- Cisco VoIP Call Manager environments
- Cisco Telepresence Video Conferencing environments
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) environments
- Cisco Firepower and Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for ASA and Endpoints (formerly Source Fire)
- Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall policy administration, URL Filtering, Application ID, User Identity management
- Palo Alto Networks Threat Prevention policy administration; IPS/IDS, SSL decryption, Data Loss Prevention, Malware detection
- F5 Big IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) Virtual Server environments
- F5 Big IP Application Security (ASM) module configuration
- RSA Console identity management suite
- Familiarity with ITIL standards and processes
- Familiarity with CoBiT and ISO/IEC 27000 or higher