Microsoft 365 Engineer CONSULTANT
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
The Microsoft 365 Engineer is responsible for the build-out, management and support of the Firm’ s Enterprise cloud infrastructure that enables enterprise identity and access management, productivity, data access, and mobility management solutions. The ideal candidate has experience managing Microsoft 365 and Office 365 environments, cloud infrastructure management, experience and aptitude for automation-based infrastructure management, a good understanding of network and cloud services security, and a desire to stay current with new technology solutions.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Participate in short- and long-term enterprise architecture planning to meet current and expanding business requirements
- Build out and manage the firm-wide rollout of the enterprise Microsoft 365 platform (Identity and Access Management via Azure AD, Enterprise Mobility Management via Intune, Productivity via Office 365, and Security and Data Protection via Azure Information Protection, etc.)
- Build out the configuration and manage the rollout of Windows-based corporate systems and personal mobile devices via Microsoft Intune
- Manage deployment and administration of Microsoft 365 Product components (Intune, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Groups, etc.)
- Build and maintain automation to manage the cloud infrastructure and server instances
- Configure and monitor cloud infrastructure in Azure and AWS (including VPC and network configuration, security and single sign-on, etc.)
- Work with the Information Security and Software Development departments to design and build a secure operating environment and data flow
- Adhere to best practice guidance in designing and administering the Microsoft 365 environment
- Develop testing and implementation plans for projects with multiple moving parts
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working with infrastructure automation and the Microsoft 365 platform. Experience working in the financial industry is a plus. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Must have experience in Active Directory and Windows device management
- Must have experience in enterprise software operating environments in a technical role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, monitoring and support, disaster recovery, etc.
- Must have programming or scripting experience with a proven ability to author automated infrastructure solutions
- Must have Cloud infrastructure management experience with Microsoft Azure (and in addition - AWS or another cloud services provider is a plus)
- Must have Hands-on experience with identity management and modern authentication using Azure Active Directory
- Must have hands-on administration and implementation experience with the Microsoft 365 platform, including Intune, productivity tools (Office 365)
- Experience with Microsoft data protection technologies (Azure Information Protection) is a strong plus
- Experience with distributed source code control systems (e.g. Git/GitHub) and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) is a plus
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong documentation skills
- Outstanding client service skills and ability to present ideas in user-friendly manner.
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail