Lead/Senior Performance Test Engineer
353 North Clark St, Suite 3100 Chicago, IL 60654
Lead/Senior Performance Test Engineer
The Lead/Senior Performance Test Engineer will help architect and build performance testing solutions for our next generation services for financial markets. In addition to having experience designing and implementing performance and stress testing frameworks for asynchronous message and event driven services, the candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Our client is a fast moving environment that values concise and effective communication. The candidate must also be a team player that can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate. Our fluid team works well together and can take constructive criticism in the spirit of improving software quality. This person will be involved in all aspects of performance testing, from architecture to design, coding, testing, and performance tuning. This is a very hands-on role where you will have immediate impact on our current architecture and play a leadership role in taking our application to the next level.
- Partner with technology stakeholders to deliver a scoped set of software development requirements with accountability and visibility into milestones, deliverables, risk and costs.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Interact and consult regularly with management, architects, and project leads to discuss technical issues, project milestones and deliverables.
- Lead and participate in design and code review and ensure code and other deliverables meet company and industry standards.
- Design, develop, maintain testing framework for automated performance and stress testing.
- Deliver performance testing solutions for an asynchronous Java API.
- Create automated reports for performance metrics, scalability and trend analysis.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and deliver quality software to production within tight schedules.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines.
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed in performing responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP or WebSocket protocols.
- 5+ years developing performance testing frameworks for message/event driven applications. Experience in performance testing traditional web page applications is not applicable.
- 5+ years using JVM-based languages such as Java, Groovy, Kotlin or Scala.
- 5+ years using messaging systems such as Kafka, MQTT, FIX or JMS.
- 3+ years performance testing REST or WebSocket APIs.
- 3+ years working Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience with Microservice/SOA based architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with JMeter or Gatling.
- Experience developing distributed, High-Performance, Resilient Architecture.
- Experience with NoSQL and big data is a plus.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from business and technical staff both internal and external to the company.
- Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
- Must have 8+ years work experience in a Software Development or Performance testing role, 5+ in a Lead/Senior role.
- 2+ years experience at a financial institution (major bank, hedge fund, prop shop) in their financial markets technology departments is preferred.
- Experience with CDS Market is a plus.