Lead Business Analyst
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
The position serves as a Sr. Business Analyst Lead in the Information Technology – IT Product & Strategy department of a dynamic and growing alternative investment management firm. The primary responsibilities of this position are elicitation of business requirements and creation of high quality value driven solutions and lead a group of Business Analysts with direction from the Product Management team. The Sr. Business Analyst Lead is responsible for guiding the construction of valuable, useful, and feasible products for their respective business area and the firm as a whole. The Sr. Business Analyst Lead will be responsible for building relationships throughout the firm, facilitating cross-functional deliverables, partnering with product engineering teams, managing projects to meet delivery expectations, and improving the performance of the Business Analyst team as a whole.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Think big and identify opportunities that change our business.
- Analysis of end-user change requests for our middle office application suite, including working with management to prioritize and schedule the implementation of the requests.
- Perform gap analysis of treasury management systems and needs for private and public markets and formulate the go-forward strategy.
- Understand project goals and coordinate all involved parties to ensure that the project is on track to deliver these goals.
- Work with end-users to document the business requirements and processes that will meet business goals and objectives. Techniques to elicit and document the requirements will include workshops, interviews, user stories and other methods appropriate to the development effort.
- Assisting developers to craft creative and technically sound solutions to meet end-user needs.
- Develop and refine business analysis practices.
- Mentor Business Analysts as an expert in business process analysis and Agile requirement elicitation and documentation processes.
- Review deliverables of Business Analysts to ensure quality and assess training needs.
- Facilitate the Business Analyst Common Discipline Community (CDC) towards enhancing our analyst organization.
GENERAL EDUCATION, SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The individual in this position should have experience working in the financial industry. The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- You have a Bachelor’ s degree
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a product analyst and or business analyst with custom system development and vendor software implementations.
- You have worked in and are passionate about collaborative environments and Agile methodology.
- You are an effective communicator.
- You are organized and great at shaking requirements out of others.
- You are motivated to create great customer experiences and are empathetic about users’ goals and pain points.
- You are organized and can drive towards a goal.
- You have a powerful analytical skillset.
- You are adaptable, dependable, and dedicated to your products and team.
- You understand and have familiarity with application architecture, web applications, databases and other relevant technologies.
- Familiarity with financial services and vendor applications is a plus.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart, fast-paced and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being a part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative individual who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to take initiative with discretion and judgment.