Lead / Senior Developer (Java)
5660 New Northside Drive 3rd Floor Atlanta, GA 30328
Lead / Senior Developer
The Lead/Senior Java Developer will help us architect and build our next generation services for financial markets. In addition to having experience building full stack web applications, the candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Our client is a fast moving environment that values concise and effective communication. The candidate must also be a team player that can work independently, escalating issues when appropriate. Our fluid team works well together and can take constructive criticism in the spirit of improving software quality. This person will be involved in all aspects of software development, from architecture to design, coding, testing, and performance tuning. This is a very hands-on role where you will have immediate impact on our current development projects and play a leadership role in taking our architecture to the next level.
- Work with other teams to understand business and technical requirements and come up with meaningful solutions.
- Lead systems analysis, design, development, quality assurance and integration of server applications
- Develop detailed design specifications including interface to backend server and service modules
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Participate in all stages of the software development life cycle
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Remain current with the latest technology and business topics
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment and deliver quality software to production within tight schedules
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and timelines
- Track record of completing assignments on time with a high degree of quality
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed in performing responsibilities
- 5+ years developing large scale enterprise applications using Java
- 5+ years using modern frameworks such as Spring, JPA/Hibernate, Camel, etc.
- 5+ years using database development concepts (SQL, PL/SQL, views, etc.)
- Experience with Microservice/SOA based architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with load/performance testing
- Experience developing distributed, High-Performance, Resilient Architecture.
- Experience using one or more of the following: JMS, REST, WebSockets, Kafka, Redis
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as ReactJs, AngularJs, NodeJs, is a plus
- Experience with NoSQL and big data is a plus
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from business and technical staff both internal and external to the company
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Must have 8+ years work experience in a Software Development role, 5+ in a Lead/Senior Java role
- 2+ years experience at a financial institution (major bank, hedge fund, prop shop) in their financial markets technology departments is preferred.
- Experience with CDS Market is a plus