Java Software Consultant
Chicago, IL 60606
Java Software Consultant
The Software Consultant independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions for clearing applications to advance the organization in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world. The developer would be part of team managing clearing applications comprising of internal and 3rd party software. The developer would be responsible for changes and new requirements for the projects. The candidate would also be working on supporting the current application architecture in Production and New release. The candidate is expected to lead the development from front and should be a self-starter with drive to learn new technologies/tools
- Design and code application modules independently adhering to the best practices and write unit tests and CI/CD requirements.
- Participates and contributes in architectural and code review discussions and ensures optimal design and coding standards are followed.
- Proactively reviews code to identify defects in early stages of development and resolve defects and propose optimal solutions at code and system level.
- Meet and comply with the DevOps and Global information Security guidelines in developing and deploying applications to different environments.
- Perform system level testing and manage environments using DevOps tools.
- Manage individual and team projects priorities, deadlines and escalate risks or bottlenecks in a timely manner in an AGILE setting.
- Work on business projects. This includes liaising with the existing team as well as other teams in understanding the requirements, researching/POC of ideas, hardening design as well as implementing and testing the solution.
- Provide necessary development support for code deployments to QA & higher environments
- Maintain the status of all user stories in the Jira project and update all relevant documentation in the confluence site.
- 5+ years of experience in java software development preferably in a financial industry.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or engineering or any related discipline.
- Excellent java programming language experience with in depth understanding of core java, concurrent programming, lock-free algorithms
- Experience designing high throughput, high availability and fault tolerant applications preferably worked on an ultra low latency, high throughput, distributed systems.
- Strong analytical ability and experience providing creative optimal solutions to complex problems.
- Proficiency in bash shell/python scripting on Unix/Linux based environments.
- Good knowledgeable in front end frameworks like Spring MVC, React
- Knowledgeable in SQL, NO SQL and database modeling.
- Experience/knowledge in DevOps/CI/CD tools like Chef, Bamboo, Git, Stash, Jenkins and AWS will be a plus
- Intermediate knowledge in performance engineering and capacity management techniques with good understanding of statistics.
- Knowledgeable in performance monitoring / management tools preferably AppDynamics and Splunk.
- Effectively communicate complex problems in a simplified manner.