Chicago, IL 60606
Seeking Senior level java developer capable of demonstrating multiple layers of quality assurance including architecture/design principles, unit testing, and integration testing. Strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated deployment, and automated testing tools is strongly preferred. Basic financial industry knowledge is a big plus but not required.
- Java development: including database, messaging, spring, configuration management, light UI work
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing within system. Enables broad testing system-wide without all components in place. Implements automated tests using the cucumber framework.
- Strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated deployment
- Intermediate knowledge of database SQL, as well as basic database modeling and elementary tuning.
- Proficient with Java 8 Lambda expressions and streams.
- Optimizes code for key performance metrics. Offers complex insights during code reviews and helps with environmental build deployments. Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects. Troubleshoots own code and helps others find bugs.
- Uses design or analysis patterns periodically, following SDLC process independently.
- Uses design/CASE tools to occasionally share and communicate design ideas.
- Environment: Java, Linux, Spring, Atlassian (Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket), Jenkins, Oracle
Bachelor’ s degree in C.S. or equivalent is preferred.
5+ years is required.
Basic financial industry knowledge is a big plus but not required.
Significant prior experience in an enterprise development environment (large or small),
Basic mastery of OOD/OOP, transaction management, open source frameworks/tools, database design, and Linux based operating systems is also required.