400 S LaSalle St Chicago, IL 60605
Our Financial Services Client is looking for a Junior Java developer for a contract opportunity at their offices in the loop. You will be partnering with the Senior Developer to learn the platform.
- Develop, troubleshoot, support, maintain and enhance new and current applications based on our products and solutions
- Analyze and understand business requirements and translate them into application features based on our products and solutions
- Monitor and troubleshoot systems to correct technical issues that impede development or day- to-day operations
- Train/educate clients on internal products and solutions
- Flexibility to accommodate for client engagements based on project needs and lifecycle
- Keep abreast of new technologies and frameworks, and provide recommendations for improvements within the team
- Create and document application requirements, changes by working with internal project teams and clients.
- Bachelors in CS or other equivalent field
- 1 to 2+ years professional software development, with a very good Java programing skills
- Experience with Spring Framework, Maven and Oracle
- Experience with application servers, databases/SQL, log4j, Eclipse, and source control
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting software applications
- Excellent communication skills including by not limited to documentation, presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work closely and effectively with internal teams and clients
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced startup environment and display flexibility as priorities change to reflect our fast growing business
- Available to work outside usual hours of business during business emergencies
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 10%
- Strong understanding of core technical competencies, including software architecture and design
- Some experience with technologies including: SOAP, REST, JSON
US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1B Visas at this time.