353 North Clark St, Suite 3100 Chicago, IL 60654
Our client offers a flexible post-trade messaging and workflow system for the global credit derivatives market. The platform enables communication, electronic affirmation and clearing of credit derivative trades on trade date, greatly reducing operational and settlement risks. An open communications platform, it connects market participants including major credit derivatives dealers, hedge funds, asset managers, prime brokers, fund administrators, confirmation service providers and clearing houses.
As an Integration Engineer, this individual will be responsible for assisting clients in the understanding and maintenance of interfaces to the platform. This individual will analyze complex cases and measure them against expected system behavior to provide clients with case resolution. This individual will also act as the primary escalation point for internal Production Support queries, and will work closely with the other Engineers and the Product Management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Integration Guidance: Clearly communicate with end users, educating them and dealing with all queries on the use of APIs and software
- Customer Inquiries: Resolve customer inquiries in an articulate, timely, and courteous way seeking to deliver quick and effective solutions
- Technical Documentation: Prepare and manage technical guides for external business analyst and developments teams to review for new functionalities and enhancements
- API Code Sample: Prepare API samples and message templates for functionality that showing best practice for integrating to the platform
- Technical Review: Perform periodic technical reviews of external integrations to identify areas of improvement for connectivity
- Issue Handling:
- Investigation: Provide root cause analysis and issue resolution guidance to Systems Operations, Development and Quality Assurance teams
- Impact Assessment: Collaborate with customers and internal teams to assess external integration impacts to drive design decisions for issue resolution
- Escalation: Escalate issues to internal teams when necessary, clearly articulating problems and steps required for resolution
- Resolution: Consistently and correctly prioritize and resolve issues independently, with minimal supervision
- Process Improvements: Review internal process improvements for inter-team collaboration efficiency, and produce tools for troubleshooting using Java, SQL, Excel, VBA
- Must be able to effectively use SQL as an analytical tool
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (Java/C++), XML, FIX, Unix shell scripting preferred
- Must possess rigorous troubleshooting techniques plus the willingness to convey technical details clearly and politely
- Must possess excellent communication skills; good written English and have experience in writing clear/concise documentation
- Must possess ability to independently learn nuances of a complex, multifaceted system with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and escalate when appropriate
- Bachelor’ s degree required
- Master’ s degree in Management Information Systems or related subject (preferred)
- Does candidate have extensive SQL experience/knowledge?
- Does candidate have programming experience/knowledge?
- Does candidate have 3+ years of experience working in a technical client-facing role?