IT Desktop Support
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
IT Desktop Support
This position primarily involves working with the Infrastructure team, focusing on improving ITSM process, user go-live support, and ad hoc tasks.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Assist and work on with user go-live support for project implementations.
- Assist and work on ad hoc user requests and tasks.
- Monitor and maintain the Helpdesk queue and team work load.
- Monitor Helpdesk calendar for scheduled meetings.
- Contribute to knowledge base of support articles.
- Document standards in the Helpdesk SOP.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- 1- 2 years’ experience supporting Microsoft OS and applications including: Office 2007/2010/2013 and Windows XP/7/8.
- College coursework in the pursuit of a B.A./B.S. degree with a concentration in Business, Computer Science, Information Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Library Sciences, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Mac OS and Apple iOS.
- Helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Inventory management system and Sharepoint.
- Microsoft Exchange and O365.
- ITIL and/or ITSM.
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner to both business users and IT staff through written correspondence, presentations and/or meetings.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.