Director, Customer Experience
222 W. Adams St. 11th Fl. Chicago, IL 60606
Director, Customer Experience
Our Client has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned Director within our Customer Experience Practice in our Chicago office. This role entails significant responsibility in managing the client relationship at the executive levels while providing direction and oversight to project teams. We are seeking candidates with relevant consulting leadership and client development experience. Most importantly, candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment.
The customer experience practice is focused on helping clients accelerate to today’ s pace of change. We do this by operationalizing customer experience. We craft strategies for a digital world that revolutionize the way our clients do business. Being practitioners, we’ ll help clients design new operating models and then actually implement them. The amount of data available today is overwhelming, and we work with clients to navigate the abundance of customer data, using this knowledge to develop key insights and build and design effective CX strategies. Our team will work with Salesforce, as a Platinum Partner, to evolve customer relationships. Together, we’ ll provide better insight into customers, employees, and overall business performance to create a customer-centric organization to ultimately differentiate on CX. And we create high-performing contact centers, helping clients excel in the age of the customer and meet the demands of an evolving workforce. By evaluating the people, processes, and technology we’ re able to deliver a strong, positive impact on their top-line revenue and business performance.
- Cultivate new and existing client business development opportunities for the Customer Experience Practice, with an annual consulting revenue target minimum of $2 million.
- Significant generation of weekly prospecting/networking activities (events, meetings, phone calls, emails) in the pursuit of new client acquisition and brand awareness.
- Actively build a national professional network
- Actively participate in relevant industry organizations and associations.
- Excellent understanding of client’ s business needs turning those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals.
- Lead development of proposals, work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for project prospects.
- Lead engagements by communicating and reporting project status to C-level executives and IT management, including budget, risks, issues, etc. Deliver results that clearly meet quality objectives and provide value to the client.
- Report project budget and finances both internally and for clients.
- Inspire and energize project teams under your direction. Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to ensure quality of delivery and to keep projects on time and budget.
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion. Ensure strong commitment to client service among all personnel on the team.
- Analyze each client' s specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions, demonstrate by clients and market to have the technical, industry and functional knowledge necessary to provide the highest quality client service.
- Demonstrate strong history of follow on work at clients and referrals of business from existing clients
- Lead, mentor and grow consultants and actively participate in the performance management process. Motivate high quality performance by personnel supervised through example and constructive feedback.
- Encourage and facilitate an atmosphere of continuous learning.
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for additional practice managers and consultants.
- Entrepreneurial desire and selflessness to give your time, energy, and passion to growing the firm’ s culture and our people both inside and outside of office hours.
- A BS degree; MBA preferred. Must have led a relevant consulting group or practice
- 10+ years of experience designing and delivering human centered experiences that help organizations build modern operating models to become more customer centric by creating effortless interactions, promoting customer loyalty, increasing revenue, and improving collaboration across geographies and business functions.
- Relevant experience and familiarity with contact center strategy, business processes, telephony infrastructure, and CRM.
- Strong client development and an active professional network of contacts
- Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
- Publication in designated area – this is ideal, not required
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Industry designated certifications is a plus
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
- Ability to travel as required managing national clients and engagement teams.