Desktop Support Associate Consultant
900 North Michigan Suite 1100 Chicago, IL 60610
All, t his is an ongoing consultant role, rate is flexible. Lots of crossover with Harris Associates (also ongoing consulting) and Performance Trust (Direct-hire)
This position primarily involves working within the IT Operations; Support department, specifically within the End User Support team, focusing on improving IT Service Management processes, user onboarding, end user support related to enterprise hardware and software solutions and services, go-live support, and ad hoc tasks.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Assist end users seeking technical assistance over email, phone or in person as it relates to end user hardware (e.g., computers, phones, mobiles, tables, printers) as well as enterprise software and solutions. (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, Foxit, email, SharePoint, Webex, audio conferencing, file servers, remote access, Virtual desktop solutions).
- Monitor and maintain the Help desk queue and team work load.
- Provide end users with updates on their requests.
- Monitor Help desk calendar for scheduled meetings and assist with key meeting setups (e.g., video conferencing).
- Assist and work with user go-live support for project implementations (e.g., Windows 10 upgrade).
- Order, configure and provision end user hardware (for new hires as part of onboarding, and existing end users).
- Order and provision enterprise software and solutions (for new hires as part of onboarding, and existing end users).
- Provide information and training to end users as it relates to IT products and services managed by the Help desk.
- Perform troubleshooting (in person or remote) through diagnostic techniques.
Escalate issues to the appropriate other IT teams if IT help desk cannot handle (e.g., IT operations (Level2), IT engineering (Level 3), Business Application Support teams).
- Document standards in the GCM Helpdesk Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents.
- Contribute to knowledge base of support articles.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- At least 3+ years’ professional IT experience.
- Experience supporting Microsoft OS and applications including: Office 2010/2013 and Windows 7/10.
- College coursework in the pursuit of a B.A./B.S. degree with a concentration in Business, Computer
- Science, Information Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Experience with any of the following a plus:
o Mac OS and Apple iOS
o Helpdesk ticketing systems
o Inventory management system and Sharepoint
o Microsoft Exchange and O365
o ITIL and/or ITSM
- Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to articulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner to both business users and IT staff through written correspondence, presentations and/or meetings.
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.