Data Model Architect
6850 Miller Road Brecksville, OH 44141
Our financial client is looking for a Data Model Architect to join their rapidly growing company.
The Data Model Architect is responsible for developing conceptual, logical and physical data models for data marts. This role will establish data modeling best practices and provide data leadership to the IT and Business Intelligence teams. The Data Model Architect will support new and existing system development and maintenance project efforts, providing architectural guidance for all analytics solutions.
- Years of Experience: 7-10+
- Experience with data modeling including reverse and forward engineering
- Identifies database requirements working closely with Business Intelligence, IT and Operations departments; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Work closely with IT department to build a roadmap for database systems architecture and coordinate current and future direction of systems and advise on how that direction will impact the enterprise.
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technological solutions
- Ability to think through multiple alternatives and select the best possible solutions for strategic and tactical business needs
- Recognize and identifying potential areas where existing data tables and architecture require change or where new tables need to be developed with awareness of interrelated systems and data.
- Perform database design reviews and recommend solutions considering integrity, performance, standards conformance, security, recovery, extensibility and flexibility.
- Ensure that new database code meets standards for readability, reliability, and performance
- Create database objects and write database procedures, functions, triggers and utilities
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products
- Monitor database performance and perform database tuning as well as capacity planning
- Advises developers of the most efficient database designs including tables, datatypes, stored procedures and functions
- Writes stored procedures and SQL code to implement pre-defined business rules and metrics along with ensuring data quality in Data Warehouse processes
- Proficient in working with ETL toolsets
- Maintains working data dictionary for reference by technology and business users
- Expertise with mapping data from source to target
- Troubleshoot and correct issues with existing BI solutions using database best practices
- Researches leading edge capabilities to determine the best solution fit for the overall environment
- Work closely with cross functional business teams to establish governance framework, policies and procedures for data management and monitor compliance
- Review regulatory, audit and validation findings to risks impacting data governance
- Facilitate the data risk assessment process and the development and implementation of remediation steps to mitigate identified risks
- Develop and manage process to resolve exceptions to established data governance polices and standards
- Design and build data governance processes, standards, enterprise data models, develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality.
- Knowledge of system and software engineering architecture principles, concepts, and best practices
- Experience in coordinating technology designs with architectural requirements and constraints
- Experience working with technologies such as: Microsoft BI stack including SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, OLTP. Windows Server, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, T-SQL, SFTP, Tableau, Visual Basic
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate and document data models as well as other related documentation.
- Effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high-performing team
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, management information systems or related fields or equivalent
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with TFS/GIT
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Mortgage industry experience