353 North Clark St, Suite 3100 Chicago, IL 60654
Customer Engineering is responsible for the delivery of network infrastructure and market services to clients across 27 countries worldwide. The Engineering role provides a key technical function within the CE team and is responsible for liaising with Global Network High Availability and Low Latency customers to deliver and support their connectivity solutions.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Liaising with customers to ensure their connectivity requirements are provisioned efficiently and in line with the company standards
- Liaising internally within other teams to achieve the above
- Own and manage the client delivery from start to finish
- Providing technical support during the provisioning process
- Providing all necessary supporting documents
- Administration of assigned projects to customer Engineering standards.
The key accountabilities for this roles are:
- Project manage the delivery of customer orders and manage delivery expectations in line with the business requirements.
- Planning & execution of networking tasks necessary to deliver customer connectivity solutions
- Generation of hardware configurations and scripts for customer premise equipment & core network equipment, including the use of proprietary scripting tools.
- QA testing of customer site installations
- Accurate and prompt record keeping in accordance to Customer Engineering standards
- Maintaining accurate customer & network specific data
- Working with telecom providers to complete acceptance testing of new customer connectivity
- Troubleshooting and provide technical support “ incident” coordination focus during customer provisioning process
- Undertake and lead Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM) with customers
- Providing both internal and external technical documentation
- Provide support on production customer issues r
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey information to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Time management in order to ensure the delivery of client services is achieved
- Network Professional with good experience working on ‘ large’ complex LAN/WAN IP networks within global financial markets production arena
- Sound “ hands-on” experience of IP routing protocols including specifically BGP
- Sound “ hands-on” experience of IP multicast configuration and support
- Sound “ hands-on” experience of Cisco & Juniper product range including VPN products
- Familiar with current network management tools and techniques
- Sound “ hands-on” network trouble shooting skills and traffic analysis
- Formal network accreditation, to Juniper JNCIA or Cisco CCNA/DA level, NP level preferred
- Basic UNIX / LINUX administration skills
- Network Security experience
- Familiarity with network tools such as Wireshark & Corvil
- Knowledge of current Juniper, Cisco and Arista product range
- Project management/order process management
Since the provisioning Change Window is limited, the role will require weekend working to achieve successful project delivery.